It’s Earth Day today. It really should be Earth Day everyday, but let’s start today to being more conscious of what we do today moving forward. Here are 5 simple tips to use less carbon footprint at the office – no matter where your office is – at work, home, or on the go:
…and I know I’m being ‘Captain Obvious’ with some of this stuff, but we all just need a little reminder or checklist to get us going ♥
- Go Paperless. Stop printing all those emails & docs – it’s overkill. Start using tools like Evernote to take digital notes and tools like DocuSign to digitally sign your contracts – no more printing, faxing, mailing, waiting… it’s quick, easy, and perfectly legal. Remember, by printing less you’re not only saving precious trees, but you’re also saving money by buying less paper and toner for your printer (hence less waste).
- More Rs. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Refuse. Be conscious about what you purchase (biodegradable & recycable products). And when you’re no longer in need of something – either donate or recycle it. With that being said, stop the plastic and styrofoam whenever you can – they’re just so toxic for our planet. And stop the bulk madness – you really don’t need those 15 boxes of staples!
- Buy Green. Look for products & services that have a lesser or reduced impact on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose. And do your research on this one – don’t just go for ‘cute’ labels some of these companies use to get you to buy their stuff > most are lies < Yeah, I know, shocker.
- Less Power. Turn off unnecessary electronics when not in use and set your computers on sleep-mode after 15-minutes of not being in use. Also, look for energy-efficient products when buying new computers, appliances, etc. Oh and use less water of course!
- Stop Polution. Walk, bike, or carpool to work. Or better yet – work from home. With today’s technology people can work from home, hold virtual meetings, and collaborate on projects in virtual workspaces. Not only will you save our planet, you’ll save on travel expenses and travel time as well!
Remember, every little step you take is just another step closer to a cleaner & happier environment. It starts with You!
Are you doing anything special today to celebrate Earth Day? Like a group clean up day in your neighborhood. Please share!
Happy Earth Day ♥